Forum

Please use the forum to leave questions and comments for the authors of talks and posters.

Poster 19: Reflecti...

Notifications
Clear all

Poster 19: Reflections on use of Using Padlet to Support Lectures in Honours Physics  

VP2020
(@vp2020)
Member Admin

VickyMason
(@vickymason)
Eminent Member

Hi there, thanks for your poster, it is interesting to see Padlet used in a physics context. Interesting that engagement drops off with time as I think happens with pretty much everything. Perhaps it could be incorporated into assessment? It would be interesting to know how many students were interacting with it, as it could be a good tool to build the student community in a time when face to face teaching is limited.

ReplyQuote
Stephen McVitie
 Stephen McVitie
(@Stephen McVitie)

@vickymason

I think it may just work as a open channel for anonymous questions. I like having the added content to break up the lectures. For continuous assessment I might use Moodle for quizzes. At present the course has an 100% assessment with end of year exam, which needs looked at. However covid has rather changed priorities.

ReplyQuote
Sara Kyne
 Sara Kyne
(@Sara Kyne)

@Stephen McVitie

This is a great and I have experience with it working well in small scale. Do you see that it would be feasible for cohorts of 100 - 1000 students? Did you moderate all of the contributions?

ReplyQuote
Stephen McVitie
 Stephen McVitie
(@Stephen McVitie)

@Sara Kyne

My class was 130 (4th year undergrads + some MSc) and it works well. I think some of our lecturers may use this in first year where class size in 250-300. I am hoping to use MS teams also for chat/discussion in the coming semester with fully remote lecturing, though that is not anonymous which I think many students find attractive. Creating the content is a bit of work in the first year. Answering Qs was manageable I found for class of 1000 could be a lot of work if students are active.

I did not moderate student input. I was very clear at the start if any inappropriate posting I would close down the site. So far so good. Will be interesting to see how MS Teams and padlet work together. I am hoping more will post openly, though expect quite a few will still prefer anonymity.

ReplyQuote
jonapalmer
(@jonapalmer)

I want to ask questions about the ionic and covalent bonds - what is the difference?

ReplyQuote
jonapalmer
(@jonapalmer)

I researched some review and found this comparison https://differencebtwn.com/difference-between-ionic-vs-covalent-bonds

This post was modified 7 months ago by jonapalmer

ReplyQuote
Share: