The RSC Higher Education Group is delighted to announce that it has a limited number of bursaries available to support attendance of RSC members to the Variety in Chemistry Education and Physics Higher Education Conference (ViCEPHEC) between 22nd and 23rd August 2019 at the University of Bristol.
To qualify for a bursary, you must be an early stage academic/member of teaching staff or postgraduate/undergraduate student attending the conference for the first time. Please pass this email on to anyone you know who may be interested.
Please note the following conditions:
- Completed application forms must be submitted by email to Anna Roffey (email@example.com) by 17:00 on Friday 7th June 2019.
- Applicants must be members of the RSC (affiliate/associate/member/fellow).
- The bursaries will cover the cost of conference registration only. Applicants cannot apply for travel costs.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have submitted abstracts for the conference.
- Applications will be judged by committee officers of the Higher Education Group.
- Successful applicants will be notified by email in advance of the event and are required to attend the Higher Education Group Annual General Meeting during the conference to receive associated expenses.
The IOP Higher Education Group is pleased to announce that the group will sponsor up to 10 travel bursaries of £250 or the full cost of registration and travel, should that be less, to support academics wishing to attend the Physics Higher Education Conference (PHEC) on 22-23 August 2019 in Bristol.
The bursaries are open to anyone working within HE who teach physics at undergraduate or postgraduate level. They will be awarded competitively, and applicants are requested to provide a brief statement of the importance of the bursary as well as personal and professional benefit of attending PHEC. Successful applicants may be asked to fill in a very short survey following the conference by way of feedback to the HEG.
Applications to the Travel Bursaries should be sent to the group chair, Nicolas Labrosse, at Nicolas.Labrosse@glasgow.ac.uk. Successful applicants will be informed rapidly of the outcome of their application. The bursaries will be paid directly to the applicant following attendance at PHEC. Receipts for all expenses claimed for will be required.
Please circulate this to anyone you feel could benefit from this support.